Friday, February 04, 2005

::I'm a sucker for suckers

(Before you decide that I'm being paid to write this, well surprise, I'm not. Honestly, it's my opinion and based on my own experience. That's all.)

I went with my mother to buy dust bags for a vacuum cleaner from some company building. Why? Cuz these dust bags are so elitist that they don't want to sit in the shops like all the other normal dust bags.

And for good reason too. That time I went there, I saw this (Read his specs here). So sweet. I havent tried it, but I'm pretty sure it must be really good. Cuz it's a Lux. Which means it's Swedish, reliable, has a really (I mean really) powerful motor and enough suction power to beat the crap out of those puny little vacuum cleaners you find at the shops nowadays. And it looks good too.

Unfortunately it also means that it'll probably set me back by about a thousand dollars. Fortunately though, it'll probably outlast and outperform most average store-bought vacuum cleaner (my mom's Lux is older than I am but can kick the ass of our newer vacuum cleaners anytime) . Lux vacuum cleaners are like that. Expensive as hell, but totally worth the money.

And like their dust bags, they're also elitist. So elitist that they won't sit in the shops like other vacuum cleaners. Therefore, one has to visit their building or call them so the salesman can bring one to your house to give you a demo. And the salesmen are really enthusiastic. Really enthusiastic. They wanted to come to our house to give us a demo of their new one, which was fine with me cause I was already was in love with it, but unfortunately we didn't have the money to buy so we had to decline the offer.

Sigh. So sad. I love beautiful, powerful machines.

Visit the Lux Singapore website.