Monday, July 17, 2006

::One hell of a rocking weekend

This weekend was Baybeats weekend. And of course I was there, as always. Couldn't make it on Friday because of my bike lesson, so Saturday and Sunday had to do.

Saturday:

Headed down to Esplanade to meet my sis and her friends, and we had burgers at Carls Jr at Marina Square(this part is important!). One of her friends had no intention of going to Baybeats cause, well, she's not interested in rock music. The other was quite curious, until we walked around the outside of Marina Square.

(hears boom boom sound)

Friend: Is that the concert?

Sis: Yes.

(Friend decides not to go after all.)

I asked Gwen along but unfortunately she had diarrhoea. So it was just me and my sis. We stayed to around 9-something, and then suddenly, I had a massive stomachache.

It was the burger speaking. And not in a very pleasant way, I'm afraid.

Our dinner was contaminated! :(
So think twice before you go to Carls Jr......
As a result, we left early. Had to take a taxi. And then, we got stuck in a jam (the car kind, not the band kind, or the bread kind, or whatever).
:(

Well, at least we got this year's Baybeats t-shirt. We even got the 04 Baybeats shirt (actually I have one already, but sadly it got damaged one day in the wash....)

Unfortunately, the 04 shirt was too small. My sister had miscalculated the size.

=_="'

Sunday:

So, of course we had to go back the next day (like of course, we missed all the fun yesterday!)

This time, we had dinner at home. No screw ups here.
And Gwen made it! But pretty late haha.....

And I got the shirt changed! At first they were like, "We can't change it for hygiene reasons." Then, I kept persuading (talking crap at) them until they let me change it. And of course, I lied a lot.

The music was great. There was this band from Norway called Beezewax. I thought they were good so I got their cd (for $20, not cheap leh!) and then I went to get their autograph.
Unfortunately, when it was my turn I was struck speechless from nervousness.
It was damn awkward.
It's not everyday you get up close and personal with four good-looking, talented, hot, sweaty Norwegians.
As a result, I acted like a total moron.
Argh.
Anyway, everyone I noticed were giving them the Baybeats freebies to sign.
Not good for Singapore's image.....hehe
They might think Singaporeans are a bunch of cheapos, except for one who is a moron.
><

Anyway, as usual, the music was great.
Hope to be there again next year.