Tuesday, May 10, 2005

::Is your bike too short or is it just you?

Almost every day, I'll meet someone in the lift and that person will ask me "Isn't that bike a little small for you?"

And I give them a big stupid smile and say, "No lah".

Then, they make some comment about how cute it is and I'm happy. Whether he's also happy at being called cute is a different thing altogether (he always kicks me soon after).

So today I sat down and started thinking of more "intelligent" responses to give (at the expense of my reputation as a nice person):

1) No, he's still growing.
2) No, I'm too big.
3) Yes, can buy me a new one? *sweet smile*
4) Don't be so mean lah. He's sad.
5) He's just young.
6) You noticed? Actually he was this big *measures with hands* but he shrank in the wash/rain.
7) Really? *peers at bike* Oh no! I swear he was bigger yesterday! What's happening?
8) And is there anything wrong with that? You're discriminating against small bicycles. *sob*
9) Well, he's a little short but he's trying, he's trying.
10) Really? *gasp* He's been switched!! I always knew he didn't seem like our bicycle!!
11) Yes, he's small, but we bought him so that we could fit him under the sofa.
12) Would you rather he was this big and you had no place to stand?
13) You're picking on little bicycles. I hate you.
14) Are you hoping I'll throw him away so you can take him home for free?
15) I know, but he came to us on a rainy night and we couldn't bear to turn him away.

Can someone tell me why I keep wanting to throw up nonstop? Something is definitely wrong with me. Must be getting stomach flu.