Thursday, August 11, 2005

::Really no comment.

Well, I had the most horrendous fevers for two days, starting on Monday (well, technically it started on Sunday right after I returned from watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Mut and Co.) then on the third day half my face decided to sprout an incredible number of zits.

"What's this?!" I yelled. "How am I going to go to school like this?! I look like I've just returned from having some contagious skin disease!! Everyone will stay at the other end of the room from me!"

By some later time of the day, the other half of my face had decided to become overrun with zits too. It was incredible. I looked like one of those people with a really bad zit problem, only I'd acquired mine almost overnight.

Wait, people with massive zit problems don't acquire all their zits overnight.

So I went to take a closer look at my face in the mirror and the more I looked, the more they didn't look like zits. Anyway, despite three days of rest and medication, my fever was still going strong at 39 - 40 degrees so I decided to go to the doctor again the next day.

And guess what? It was dengue fever. Wow, I love the way things are going :(

My platelet count is currently (according to my last blood test, that is) 102,000 platelets per microlitre. Normal platelet count for an adult is 150,000 platelets per microlitre. If my platelet count drops to 70,000 next blood test on Saturday, I'll be packed off to hospital where they'll make me stay in bed all day and occasionally stick needles in my arm. Fortunately, with the help of a little medication, I don't feel that bad right now, just a little woozy perhaps.

Anyway, I'm currently under observation at home. My face itches like hell and the worst thing is, I can't ride my bikes!

People, take care of yourselves and don't let the mozzies bite.