Tuesday, August 08, 2006

::Whew.

Handed in my IGRA project.
It's a little thing where you can move furniture around a 3D room.
Well, it was not easy.
IT WAS FUCKING CRAZY!
THE DEBUGGING WAS CRAZY!!!
But it's over now ahahahaha.

In between debugging, I was so frustrated that I went to play Sims2.
Debug-> get so pissed off that I start playing Sims 2-> eat -> play Sims2 -> suddenly get inspiration and continue debgging -> etc.

Every time I play Sims2 now, I 'heart pain' for the programmers.
It's not easy coding all those things, yes, even all those small small basic things no one thinks about.
Collision detection and point and click selection in 3D is really not funny to implement.
(Coupled with the computer's ability to misunderstand your code in ways you never thought of, of course).

And what's more, they even have all these extras.
For example, at the Create a Family page, where the Sims are standing in front of this screen, their actions are pretty lifelike. It wasn't necessary but it was a nice touch.
When I saw that, I felt like going up to the programmers and going "You guys really don't need to do this! We don't need it! Really! We don't mind if you just make them rotate around. Wait, we don't even mind if you just put static images there!"

Anyway, I was pretty impressed.
Good job, people.
Making stuff in 3D is really not fun.
It's fucking tedious.
First all the meshes,
the textures,
then the code.
(And what a lot of code it is!)
Then the debugging.
The debugging.
The debugging.
The debugging.
The goddamn coordinates (that I can never get right).
The unhealthy food.
The skipped meals.
The total lack of a life.
The sleepless nights.
And the 'neh'-ing from your parents for not sleeping at night.
=_=

Oh btw, my new school website sucks.
Get some better navigation, people!
We want to get to the stuff we access everyday with just one click, ok?