Sunday, April 17, 2005

::Thou shall not...

Again, it happened. My parents disagreed with another of my hobbies again.

I knew it would happen, but I still told them cause I respect them as my parents and cause I'm stupid. I want to save them rude shocks when they find out when something has happened. I don't want to be doing things and keeping them in the dark. And I respect their opinion. So like an ass, I told them.

My pa said that I always want to make things complicated and I should just be content with what I am currently doing. But I'm not the kind of girl who can just be content with relaxing and lazing around all day and perhaps getting a boyfriend or something. I need something to live for. I need to constantly challenge myself. I need a purpose to live for. Maybe they can just live day by day accomplishing nothing but I can't. It drives me fucking crazy. In fact, I've spent most of my life just lying around and it drove me fucking nuts. Then when I finally find a purpose,

they oppose it again.

It's happened before. And each time, I gave in. I always end up giving in. After all, they are my parents.

However, I don't want to be living a sedentary lifestyle before I'm acually forced to (like get paralysed, grow old or something). I'm still young, damn it. I don't want to be sitting around at home all wrapped up in cotton wool so that nothing will happen to me. I want to do something with my life, damn it!

Just would like to tell them that I'm still young. Please let me take a few risks and try something new. And I promise I'll be responsible, take safety precautions, consult you about important decisions and keep you informed on what I'm doing. And I'll study hard too. Pretty good deal huh?

Guess they don't think so. And I don't want to disobey them. Cause they're still my parents. But I just wish they'd understand.

Supposed to blog about my medical checkup but I'm in no mood to now. Maybe later. Anyway, it's damn weird. Really weird.