Friday, October 28, 2005

::Last real day of hols.

It's like kind of a weird feeling.
Today is the last day I can sleep in while others go to school.

I woke up late today. I felt a bit guilty.
I thought: There will be no working today cause it is the last day of hols.
Then I didn't feel guilty anymore.
So I spent the whole day sleeping, eating and slacking.
Felt quite satisfied.
What a way to end a holiday.

What a difference from my secondary school hols.
I would spend most of the hols sleeping, eating and slacking.
On the last day, I would be trying desperately to do something useful so my holiday would not be totally wasted.
Which never turned out good anyway due to lack of time.

During secondary school time, I would feel that the holiday was too short. Never have enough time to achieve anything. Holidays should go on forever.
Now, I still feel that the holiday could be longer, but it has to end sometime anyway.
Maybe when you can actually make your holiday go on forever (i.e. quit school), you will start to think about whether it's actually a smart thing to do or not.

Is this what they call 'time management'? Have I managed to get more out of my holiday time?
I don't think so.
Because like last time, I still only can do one or two things per day.
It's just that maybe the things that I do now are more worthwhile.