Thursday, May 12, 2005

::Just sit down and make yourself comfortable.

"I'm seriously considering a transfer to NAFA or NYP, so that I don't have to deal with all this MOE-regulated nonsense like Mother Tongue and GP (which I kind of like actually) and Project Work and SCHOOL SHIT."
- from Addie's blog

But then you'll have to deal with orientation camps, wouldn't you? (I admit they're optional though.) Anyway, Polys have school shit too, I have something like Flag Day(?!) on my orientation calendar, whatever that means. But dunno about NYP though.

Anyway look what I found on the Internet today:


No kidding! A bike without a seat!! How do they sit down? Wait, that's a stupid question, they don't, they can't, they're bikes. And their riders can't either.

Evidently they're used in something called bike trials (definition here - biketrials.com, click the link and save my keyboard the wear and tear of explaining) . And evidently, a seat gets in the way.

Yeah SATan, a bike without a seat, what's the big deal right?

Okay, the big deal is, to me, a bike without a seat is just fucking unthinkable. You can't sit down? You're missing out on the second most important part of your life!! (the first part is sleeping, but that makes for a different post altogether, I could go on and on about sleeping, but I think none of you would want to hear it.) What would life be like if you couldn't sit down? Imagine!

By now, you probably know you're reading the post of some lazy person. But you must understand, I'm the kind of person who is always getting ordered off the plastic chairs standing around the hall during rehersals, always has prefects coming up to her when she's sitting on the grass during assembly and saying "Stand up! Are you ill?" during SNGS's infamous long morning speeches, and can't wait near anything that can be used as a chair without sitting down on it. I don't know why, maybe I'm just bum-heavy.

Even on my cheapo mtb, I'm sitting about 98% of the time. It's not that I can't stand up, I'm just too lazy to. Gotta stand up? Never mind, I probably can cope seated. Really gotta stand up? Okay. Sigh. *creak* Stands up. Wasn't really worth it. Should have remained seated. It helps that I only use it to commute on paved surfaces. (Of course, on my other bike, this isn't the case, but who can stay seated all the time on that kind of thing I'd like to know.)

(Go buy a recumbent lah and stop whining. But then, I can't. I'd probably fall asleep or something, and people would have to empty my waterbottle over my head to wake me up. Not good at all.)

Anyway, these bikes without seats, people can do real wonderful things with them (that sounded kinda strange in English). Cool.